Future Kindergarten Information
Kindergarten Registration Information
Steps 1-3 are required to register your student.
Steps 4-7 are optional or can be done at a later time.
⇒Step #1(required)- Complete Online Registration
To enroll your child/children for the 2023-24 school year, he/she must be 5 years of age before August 1.
Before starting the registration process, please verify which school your child should attend based your address.
To search your address please click HERE and on the next page, click the search icon in the upper left hand corner.
After verifying your address please follow the steps below.
- Click here to register - be sure to choose the correct school year (2023-2024)
- Click on English or Spanish
- Create your account (must have an email address to register)
Documents needed for registration:
These items can be scanned during the registration process or you may bring the documents to school or Central Office and we can make a copy.
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency
- Current/updated Immunizations
- Parent Photo ID
- Custody Agreement/Guardianship paperwork(only if this applies)
⇒Step #2(required)- Sign up for a kindergarten screening time.
All incoming kindergarten students are required to participate in this basic screening, which will take approximately 20 minutes. The purpose is to get a sense of your child's readiness for kindergarten.
Please click HERE to fill out the screening form and to select a time.
⇒Step #3(required)- .Click HERE to complete the the "Getting to Know Your Child" form
⇒Step #4- Sign up for Little Acorn Night - March 16th , 2023 at 6:30.
Click HERE to RSVP for Little Acorn Night.
Additionally, you may click HERE to view an informative presentation that holds all of the information you need for the upcoming year. Please print a copy and actually walk through a typical day with your child, showing him/her what to expect in kindergarten.
⇒Step #5- Purchase Supplies
- Option #A: Purchase prepackaged supply kits through the Oak Trace PTO. If you order a kit, your child's supplies will be delivered directly to his/her classroom before the start of school. The deadline to order is JULY 1ST. Prices vary by grade. For more information and to order, please Click here ⇒ https://www.1stdayschoolsupplies.com/kits.php?sid=37731.
- Option #B: If you prefer to shop on your own, you can download a copy of the list HERE .
⇒Step #6- Sign up for Summer Childcare and/or Before and After Care(optional)
- Summer Childcare Program--Open enrollment for Summer 2023 will begin March 1, 2023.
Westfield Washington Schools offers a full summer camp program including full day care for 3-13 years old. The summer program also offers multiple opportunity and sports camps hosted by Westfield Washington Schools teachers and staff. Please click HERE to register for summer childcare or camps.
- Before and After Care Program----REGISTRATION OPENS MAY 1st, 2023
If your child needs before and aftercare during school months, please click HERE to visit the Student Support Services page for the BAC program. This program is very popular and fills up quickly.
⇒Step #7- Apply for Safe Visitor background check.(This is required if you plan to go on field trips, help with class parties or have lunch with your student)
A SafeVisitor background check will be required for anyone who visits our schools, including family members of our students. Examples of activities in the schools where visitors will need a completed SafeVisitor background check are listed below:
Background checks are good for three years at any school in the district. These background checks will cost $12.95 and can be acquired via the link below.
Please note - this process could take 3 to 6 business days.
You can find the forms and more information about this program by clicking HERE.
Click HERE or a copy of the 2023-2024 school calendar.
If you have any questions about the information above, please contact Lori Egler at 317-867-6411